5 May 2021
LETTER CIRCULAR NO. 2021-0078
TO : All Municipal/City Mayors
All National Government Agencies
Province of Pangasinan
FROM : GOVERNOR AMADO I. ESPINO III
SUBJECT : REITERATION OF EXISTING PROTOCOLS
On April 26, 2021, the Philippines hit a heartbreaking record of 1 million Covid-19 cases based on limited testing. The Covid-19 situation in Pangasinan recorded a near-all-time high active cases at 701 as of April 27, 2021.
While Pangasinan has been placed under Modified General Community Quarantine, considered to be the least restrictive risk classification, it is no time to relax the implementation of Covid-19 health and quarantine protocols in the province. The observance of minimum public health standards remains strictly required and mandatory.
In view thereof, and in anticipation of the surge of people travelling during the Labor Day weekend (April 30, 2021 to May 2, 2021), and the summer season, the following health and quarantine protocols in Pangasinan are hereby reiterated:
1. Travels to and from the NCR plus bubble (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal) remain prohibited while the NCR plus bubble is under ECQ/MECQ until May 14, 2021. (Executive Order No. 0027-A-2021 as extended by Executive Order No. 0030-2021)
2. Notwithstanding the above travel restriction, APOR and cargo travel are still unhampered, provided that proper identification and documentation are presented. (Executive Order No. 0027-A-2021 as extended by Executive Order No. 0030-2021)
3. The province-wide curfew from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM is maintained. (Executive Order No. 0030-2021)
4. Wearing of face masks and face shields remains mandatory whenever outside respective residences. Violations thereof are penalized under local measures. (Provincial Ordinance No. 235-2o2o as amended and Provincial Ordinance No. 242-2020; local ordinances by component LGUs)
5. Any person below fifteen (15) years old and those who are over sixty-five (65) years of age, including persons with comorbidities, are required to remain in their residences at all times except for emergency and/or humanitarian cases. (IATF-EID Omnibus Guidelines for the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines)
6. Large gatherings are extremely discouraged. Under IATF-EID guidelines however, gatherings may be allowed up to fifty percent (50%) venue capacity, provided that there is strict observation of minimum public health standards by the DOH and venue ventilation standards by the DOLE. (IATF-EID Omnibus Guidelines for the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines)
7. Component LGUs may, in their sound discretion, impose other quarantine regulations not contrary to existing laws and regulations.
8. As the Philippines is still under State of Calamity due to Covid-19, all component LGUs are enjoined to continue rendering full assistance to and cooperation with each other and mobilize necessary resources to undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate disaster response aid and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of Covid-19. (Proclamation No. 1021, s.2020)
For your information and appropriate action.
Please be guided accordingly.
AMADO I. ESPINO III